Cool Contributions fighting Climate Change
The project aims to advance an international control for F-gases. It shall strengthen cooperation between various initiatives by promoting a coordinated agreement, reducing overlaps, and harmonizing donor contributions. Furthermore, the project will support partner countries in formulating mitigation strategies in the RAC sector and thereby advancing their NDCs. The improved framework conditions will encourage the use of energy-efficient RAC&F equipment and environmentally-friendly natural refrigerants and blowing agents. These measures will, in turn, lead to realizing a more climate-friendly RAC&F development pathway.
The project works at international and national levels towards climate-friendly solutions in the RAC&F sector. Decision makers in these interacting fields are approached through the following activities:
- Promote collaborative structures and processes between international initiatives and organizations by delivering policy advice, methods, and tools as well as providing reliable channels for communication such as expert review groups and regular dialogues.
- Support partner countries in framing their F-gas policy and initiating transformative processes and translating these efforts into active participation in international panels and fora.
- Barrier analysis and design of an appropriate mitigation strategy to advance NDCs and their exemplary implementation (e.g. Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions or NAMAs) and dissemination, for example.
You can download the Project Factsheet here.
Teaser image: Fotolia/Tupungato
Photos on this page: Fotolia/Tupungato, Flickr, Fotolia/Arestov Andrew
INDC, NAMA / MA
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (Germany - GIZ)
December 2015 - December 2020
Promote and advance an international control for F-gases and further NDC development towards a climate-friendly and energy-efficient RAC&F sector.
- GIZ (2015): Climate-friendly Refrigeration and Air Conditioning - A Key Mitigation Option for INDCs (Working Paper)
- Mitigation Momentum (2015): NAMAs and INDCs. Interactions and opportunities
- CCAP, UNEP-DTU, New Climate Institute (2016): Designing NAMAs to catalyze bankable low-carbon investments
- Mitigation Partnership & Global INDC Support Programme Webinar: Linking NAMAs and INDCs
- Mitigation Partnership & Global INDC Support Programme Webinar: Vínculos entre NAMAs e INDCs